During this workshop, you will receive a theoretical background illustrated by real-world samples.
You will discover the origins of these methodologies and how to apply them in the Learning Design process.
You will exercise on a practical Use Case and will share your first project with your classmates.
This practical use case will be in paper-and-pencil format, with no tie to specific authoring tools.
Benoit Ter Burg is a certified trainer and expert in Digital Learning. He is active as Learning Designer and author/producer of multimedia Digital Learning contents and pedagogical and enterprises videos
This course is designed for anyone involved in digital learning waiting to build more engaging learning contents.
During the theoretical part you will learn about ;
- The Why ?
- The ARCs Model
- The How ?
- The Freytag’s Pyramid Theory (also called Bow Theory)
- Phases (inciting incident, raising action, climax, falling actions, resolution and conclusion)
- How to apply on learning contents ?
- Types of Stories
- Tips & Tricks, Do’s and Not Do’s
All concepts will be illustrated using digital learning contents produced by DiDaXo for theirs customers.
After the break, you will apply these theoretical concepts and principles by building your own first Story on a specific business-related Use Case. You will share your work with your classmates and discover some room for improvements, in a social learning approach.
This course can be a traditional instructor-led class or a blended class (eLearning + some instructor-led activities).
To make sure we are able to work on a business-related use case, we will ask you to submit a short use case fact sheet you would like to transform into a story no later than 5 days prior to the workshop.
This course has been designed as a blended learning experience. It uses two distinct learning environment in order to give you two pedagogical experiences that complement each other.
- A Virtual Learning Environment to support online activities
- A traditional classroom setup or a virtual classroom environment for instructor-led activities
The online activities are available during and after the corresponding instructor-led activities starting from the date of your registration till one month after the end of the training. These online activities include a forum and a chat room to let you interact with your fellow learners as well as with your instructor / coach.
The heart of the training is a traditional instructor-led class or an instructor-led virtual classroom
Ask for a quote or secure your seat using our web form
The course fee includes the access to your personal Virtual Learning Environment, the traditional instructor-led class and a companion eBook.
You can, however, deactivate some of these options to get a discount
- BYOD - Attend the Instructor-Led class with your own laptop and get a 50 EUR discount. In this case, you are responsible for installing a valid copy of the software being taught (trial licences available for most of our trainings)
- No E-Book -Do not order the companion eBook and get a 25 EUR discount
- No Blended -Take only the instructor-led part of the training without the online activities and get a 50 EUR discount
No technical or design related prerequisites are required, but a pedagogical interest and some teaching experience is an asset.